HMAD Screening: THE HOWLING

Hope you didn't make any plans for Saturday night just yet! THIS Saturday, June 1st, at 11:59pm I will be hosting a screening of Joe Dante's 1981 werewolf classic (and franchise starter) The Howling, on glorious 35mm! Come for the Rob Bottin FX, stay for all the smiley face stickers!

As always, it will be at the legendary New Beverly Cinema, located at 7165 Beverly Blvd in Los Angeles (90036), two blocks west of La Brea. Street parking is plentiful (try Formosa) and tickets are a mere 8 bucks at the door - and yes, they take credit cards now if you don't have cash. I tried to get Dante to come for Q&A, but alas he (and star Robert Picardo) are both out of town. However! I will have a nice consolation prize: one lucky attendee will go home with the brand new (as in, not even out yet!) Blu-Ray special edition of the film, courtesy of Shout! Factory. It's loaded with extras and a reversible cover with the original box art, and again, it doesn't even come out for another couple weeks, so you can be the envy of all your friends if you're the winner.

Until then, join me in drooling over the amazing poster my pal Jacopo Tenani designed for the event! My head got torn off! I love it!!! (click it to enlarge in all of its glory)

See you there!

P.S. I apologize for the short notice, but things happen and sometimes I can't give you weeks to come up with an excuse not to come :).

2 comments:

  1. Pity I live in Italy, this is a Masterpiece worth seeing in a Movie Theatre!!
    (And the poster is truly amazing!! *__*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God ... you guys show that lot of good old
    Classic horror movies..
    I live in Pusan, South Korea.

    I just bought a DVD for this in online.
    Never watched in theatre with 35mm :(
    It's too far from here to LA.. Ha Ha!
    Regret.....

    ReplyDelete

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Google