HMAD Commentary Tracks? - PLEASE READ

If you've ever scrolled all the way to the bottom of this page (why?), you would have seen an ad for Rifftrax, which is sort of like MST3k (same folks) only you have to sync their commentary up to your own DVD. It's a lot easier than it sounds, and it adds value to DVDs you may otherwise never watch (it's the only time I've put my fucking Attack Of The Clones DVD in my player since I bought it). You should check it out!

In a minute. First finish reading.

So anyway, I was thinking of doing something similar, only, obviously, just for horror movies. The track would be an MP3 that you could download (hopefully for free) and sync it any way you choose. I usually watch commentaries on my computer so I just put the MP3 in windows media player and watch the DVD through whatever DVD software I have at work (I forget the name, Intervideo I think). Or you can put the track on your ipod and watch the DVD wherever you like! Doesn't matter.

So there's a poll on the right side of the page (under the WM3 ad) asking if you'd be interested in such a thing. I know a lot of you don't often answer the polls (a weekly poll will get like 50 votes, out of something like 1000 hits), but if you could make an exception for this I'd appreciate it, because it would be a lot of work for me to do and kind of pointless if no one was interested.

NOTE - This would NOT replace a review! It would be sort of like my Halloween "review", where it's just me sort of reacting to the movie in real time. Unlike Rifftrax (and MST3k) it won't be scripted beforehand; you'll be listening to my reaction to the film the first time I see it (which means that if there's silence, you can assume I've dozed off!). I'd like to do it once or twice a month, more if it proves to be a popular feature. So vote, let me know, leave comments, all that good stuff. Thanks folks.

3 comments:

  1. I really like your idea so I voted "yes". :) Any idea for which movies you plan on doing this if you go ahead with it? You mentioned you would do it for movies you see for the first time, but maybe it would be fun if you occassionally did it for one of the classics you've already reviewed. Just my 2 eurocents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah... since i don't really plan ahead which movies I watch it wouldn't make much sense to plan which ones I comment on. It will probably just be whatever movie I watch when I have the house to myself (which isn't very often, sadly).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be good to try. I enjoyed your Halloween commentary here, and I was disappointed by some guys I heard doing a track for F13 5. I think you'd do a good job.

    Just a warning though - don't waste 90 minutes of my time.

    There's a lot of things about me you don't know.

    a lot of things about me you don't know.

    lot of things about me you don't know.

    of things about me you don't know.

    things about me you don't know.

    about me you don't know.

    me you don't know.

    you don't know.

    don't know.

    know.

    know.

    know.

    ReplyDelete

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Google