What do YOU want?

As regular readers probably know, I will be heading to London for the awesome FrightFest UK in just four weeks (!!!), and I am starting to get everything in order. One thing that I have been puzzling over is how you folks would prefer to get your HMAD "fix" while I'm away. As of right now, I plan to see TWENTY TWO films, plus a number of shorts, while I am there (though Hatchet II I will NOT be reviewing due to the fact that I worked - however briefly and tenuously - on it). Obviously, that is way too many films to give the usual review treatment to in a timely manner, so I was thinking doing one or two regular reviews per day (hopefully "on location" - I will have my netbook), but for the rest, what would you folks like? Quick daily (ish) video reviews? "Summary" style posts like I usually do for short films? Or full length reviews down the road? I don't want to spend too much time there goofing around on a computer, but I'd like to keep the site "going" in the week that I'm away, lest you all forget about me.

Keep in mind I'll also be doing stuff for Bloody Disgusting (more traditional reviews, interviews, news breaks), so you can always keep up with me there. Twitter, on the other hand, may be spotty, as I won't have my phone and would rather be writing something with a little more merit during breaks.

So let me know... I'd hate to sit around with a webcam making little video reviews if none of you are interested in watching them. Nor do I want to try to write full reviews of everything if it's going to be too much for you to read on the can (I assume most folks read HMAD on the can). It's a unique experience and I want to cover it in a unique way (for HMAD, that is).

Thanks!

HorrorBlips: vote it up!

11 comments:

  1. summary reviews sounds good, maybe with the potential for full length reviews of the best (and worst) down the road. video blogs are becoming the post-converted 3D of the online critic community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever is most convenient for you would be fine- I'd read the reviews you wrote, or watch video blogs if that's what you decide to do, but personally I prefer to read reviews rather than watch reviews! Short or long is good, but "anonymous" has a good idea with the summary reviews sooner, and then later maybe longer best/worst reviews when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything you put out is good. I just need more HMAD/BC in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy either way... but it's easier for me to read reviews... I'd probably still watch one if it was for a movie I'm interested in seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous is spot on for me too

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd prefer longer text reviews, but I'd also be fine with short reviews for the majority, and longer reviews for the movies that are more worth it.

    Then again, sometimes the long reviews of shitty movies are pretty darn entertaining.

    Either way, I prefer text reviews to video ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe simple reviews, a few lines. Then once back full reviews of the films leaving the biggest impact on you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like reading reviews more myself. Plus streaming shit at work is a drag.

    Anon one had a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good ole' Anonymous. They know their suggestions.

    ReplyDelete

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Google