Few days late, but...

I still think it's worth pointing out that as of last Thursday, November 12th, I have successfully kept to my "promise" of watching a horror movie a day for 1000 days in a row (which makes today 1005!). Since beginning on February 7, 2007, I only missed a single day, which was the following Friday (February 16th). Since then, birthdays, anniversaries, visiting relatives, holidays, weddings, travels, Comic Cons, light narcolepsy, editing jobs, video games, an addiction to Spider Solitaire, and "general malaise"* have been no match for my resolve! Sure, there have been close calls, and sometimes said narcolepsy forces me to rewatch part of a movie the next day, but my initial concept ("Every day, at some point between 12:01 am and 11:59 pm, I will watch a horror movie that I have never seen or have completely forgotten about.") has been lived up to. Go me! Here's to the next thousand!

I'd also like to point out that Day 1000's (not MOVIE 1000, I passed that a while ago due to double/triple movie days and such) movie was THE UNSEEN, which of course is a good word to describe the movies I've watched. Weird.

BC

*If you get that reference, you're awesome. Or you know how to use the search engine.

HorrorBlips: vote it up!

8 comments:

  1. Don't forget jury duty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh christ, how could i forget - YES!! Jury Duty threatened HMAD more than all that other shit COMBINED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos BC! Here's to the next 1000 days, movies or beers... whatever comes first.. keep typing, I'll keep reading.... and drinking.. but still reading.... and drinking! Cheeeeeeeersssss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Quite an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I am amazed that you've been able to keep it up for so long. I can barely watch a movie a WEEK, and I'm not even all that busy. Maybe because I spend more time reading your remarkably entertaining reviews than actually watching movies for myself. Keep 'em coming, BC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, man. It's a huge accomplishment. And your optimism is still intact. I don't know how you do it. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats. I'm with Davey--it takes me a lot of effort to see a movie a week. Your reviews are wonderful! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good work my friend. I'm sorry i didn't vote for you for class officer. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Google