HMAD Screening: Monkey Shines

As I've said before, if I had my way I'd pretty much only show movies that I actually saw for HMAD when hosting my screenings at the New Beverly, as opposed to stuff I just liked a lot. So when I can actually do that, I get stoked, which is why I can hardly wait to present George Romero's underrated Monkey Shines in glorious 35mm!

I watched the film in November of 2007, the first year of HMAD, in fact, and long before I began hosting screenings. And even if it runs a touch long, I think it's a perfect choice for a midnight movie, as it has a monkey, and that monkey kills people. It also has some future stars in early roles: Stanley Tucci, Janine Turner, and Stephen Root all pop up, and it stars Jason Beghe, a character actor who was once a prominent Scientologist and became one of its more high-profile defectors after realizing it was a scam. So he's a hero.

As always, the screening will go down at the New Beverly Cinema, located at 7165 Beverly Blvd in Los Angeles (90036), just two blocks west of La Brea. Street parking is available (Formosa is best bet) and tickets are 8 bucks cash at the door, or you can buy advance tickets online at BrownPaperTickets. I'll have some DVDs and swag to give away before the movie, so get there on time! Everything starts at 11:59 pm on Saturday August 18th.

The below poster is courtesy of Jacopo Tenani, so if you like it, give him some love at his Pinterest site! And feel free to post it on your blog, or Facebook/Tweet about the screening! This film rarely screens on 35mm, so let's pack the joint for killer monkey action!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Google