HMAD Book Signing!

When I started getting the e-book ready to publish and folks kept asking about a physical version, one thing kept coming up (and was already on my mind): having printed copies so that I could do a signing at Dark Delicacies. For LA horror folk, it's basically how your work becomes "official" in the genre - like a band hearing its song on the radio or an athlete playing in a televised game. I've been there countless times over the years for friends and heroes (sometimes they qualify as both) to get my book/DVD/CD signed, and so I was beyond honored/excited when Del asked if I could do a signing for the HMAD book there. SHIT JUST GOT REAL.

It's gonna be on Saturday, April 30th at 2pm. If you're local, you probably know where it is, but if not: 3512 W Magnolia Blvd, Burbank, CA 91505. Street parking is easy enough to find and there's also tons of great food in the area if you want to get lunch before (or an early dinner after). For those who AREN'T local, fear not! You can order a book from Del's site and it'll come to you autographed after the signing. This should take care of that autograph issue I mentioned in yesterday's post! Obviously that means you'll have to wait a bit longer to get your book, but honestly I'm so slow with going to the post office even though the signing is a month away you'll probably still get it from Del faster than you would from me. And besides, buying from Del instead of Amazon or whatever is morally better for you - support indie/small business whenever you can! Please note - if you're local you can (should?) still order it now and guarantee a copy to pick up on the day of the signing (or soon thereafter if you're local but can't actually make it there that day). I'll hopefully have enough, but again - they're pretty big/heavy books so I don't have the room for boxes of extras in my apartment (nor does Del in his store), so we'll be using the pre-orders as a gauge to decide how many to order for the day. No additional cost to pre-order, so it's a no-brainer for those interested in me defacing their book with my scribbles!

Bonus: Todd Farmer will also be signing, so if you have Jason X or MBV3D stuff feel free to sneak it in and have him sign that as well. Also at the signing will be Jonathan Maberry, who wrote a pretty great zombie novel called Patient Zero and also penned the novelization for The Wolfman remake, which was based on pre-reshoot/re-edit drafts of the script and was thus superior to the film itself. He'll be signing his new book Kill Switch, which I believe is a Patient Zero sequel, so when I'm not signing my book I'll be buying his! Hope to see you there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Google