MARCH 1, 2007
Because Zodiac is such a big (and current) movie, I’m not gonna write too much on this, just a few notes:
- It’s not a horror movie. It’s a detective drama. But whatever, I’m counting it.
- Horror or not, the scene detailing the Berryessa murders contains the most brutal onscreen murder in ages.
- It’s not “too long”. Get some Ritalin. I can’t sit still for four minutes (restless leg syndrome is my favorite “disease” since ADD!) and I had no problem with the length. Tell me what you would cut out to make it shorter.
- James Le Gros’ portrayal of George Bawart is possibly the best impersonation I have ever seen on film.
- Robert Downey Jr: Between this and his amazing self-deprecating joke on the Oscars this week, is officially the greatest man alive that isn’t Bruce Willis.
What say you?